Yet another reason to spay and neuter

If you're a pet owner, I'm sure you've heard the list of reasons to spay and neuter your animals. It can help pets live healthier lives, prevent overpopulation and can keep pets from running away in an attempt to find a mate.


Yet, I discovered that living with a pet who is not yet spayed or neutered can be the best motivation of all to bring an animal in for spaying/neutering - and fast.


Growing up, we had a dog named Benji. When my parents were new in town, the pastor was nice enough to stop over for a visit. Benji was very quick to make friends with the pastor's leg. My parents were mortified. Between that and Benji's rambunctiousness, my parents decided it was time to get him neutered.


Recently, my brother's cat went into heat. She called out for a mate all night long and kept up the mrrrrooooowing during the day. She even managed to get me back for all the times I cut her nails - by peeing on my hand. My sleep deprived brother couldn't bring her in to get spayed fast enough.


If you've had any of these experiences, take comfort in knowing that you're not alone. And, if for any reason you are unable to spay and neuter your pets yet, a good set of earplugs and a sensor of humor can go a long way in helping.


If cost is a factor, you can search for low cost spay/neuter programs in your area

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter/


I wish you the best. Take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site!